Do you have problems with your client after the hotfix of October 17th? Things like client crashing/freezing while playing or while changing characters (logging out) or exiting the game? Then post it in the official forum!
Keep the following official advice in mind:
1. DISABLE ALL PLUGINS.(At least one plugin has been shown to cause client crashes since Update 8).
If you haven’t, won’t or aren’t able to disable your plugins, please do not post. If you have, move on to step 2.
2. Make sure your Video and Sound drivers are up to date (we have had reports from players that this resolved the issue for them).
3. If #1 and #2 did not resolve your issue, make the following changes.
- A. Options > Troubleshoot > Engine Speed to “Medium” (and restart)
- B. Options > ADV Graphics > Texture Detail to “Medium” (and restart).
4. If still no improvement, please follow the directions in this thread to include your “DXDIAG” data in your post and post a confirmation that you have completed all of these steps and whatever improvement may have occurred.
My personal experience with this:
I’ve updated my video driver. Let the game detect the settings automatically and then adjusted the graphics to the lowest possibilities. I disabled ALL plugins. That seemed to work. Turbine Tech Support told me I’d probably have to play with these very low settings until I’ve upgraded my system. Well, that’s gonna take about half a year or so… Too bad I can’t enjoy the game to the fullest until then, but at least I can play it.
I’ve slowly started to enable certain plugins. Currently for me the following plugins work:
Moormap and Waypoint seem to give problems. I know waypoint is updated, but moormap isn’t. I’m not sure which one causes the troubles, cause when I only activate Moormap, waypoint is somehow activated too…. Weird.
Anyway, if there’s more information, I’ll post it here too!