I decided to start immediately with backing up player created guides I found interesting. I’ve made PDF’s of all the guides I found usefull or interesting, because it was the simplest thing to do. If you’d like a copy, just fill out the contactform and let me know which guides you’d like to receive! I have included the names of the people/players who wrote these guides when the names were included. I haven’t included the links, since everything’s going to change.
Current backed up guides:
- Crafting Crit Rate Analysis by Trilwych and demosthenes
- Barad Guldur by ?
- Draigoch by ?
- The Great Barrow by ?
- The Icy Crevasse by ?
- Inn of the Forsaken by ?
- The Lost Temple by ?
- Mechanics: In Game Support by Arbalister
- The Northcotton Farm by ?
- Stoneheight by ?
- Sâri-surma by Colred
- Tinkers Guide by Davlin
- The Water Wheels: Nalâ-dûm by ?
Some of these guides might be (slightly) outdated, but I thought I’d back them up anyway. You never know how or when they’ll come in handy. And some are, even though a bit outdated, still very useful!
There were guides I didn’t back up. To me they weren’t useful or interesting. Mind you, that’s my personal opinion! Just to be complete, these are the guides I didn’t back up:
- Cithryth’s Tips To A Good Outfit: there are so many outfitting blogs to be found with very good guides and loads of examples of outfits, I didn’t think backing up this guide was really necessary for me.
- Forum Signatures, Posting Pics, and All That Other Forum Stuff: since everything on the site is going to be changed, this seems useless to me. We’ll just have to wait until we know what everything will be like.
- The Lottery widget: Since this is going to change too, I decided I’d better wait until the new lottery system is implemented.
- Middle-Earth Traffic Report: It didn’t mean much to me. With characters who have steeds of their own, the slowest possible traffic doesn’t really concern me.
- Ost Dunhoth: This guide was clearly not ready. There were so many things missing (including images) that I didn’t find it usefull.
- The Middle Earth Adventurer’s Guide to Quest Packs (or which one to buy when): This is such a personal thing. It all depends, in my opinion, on what your playing style is (do really everything, only regions with the most TP deeds, etc), that for me it’s not useful.
- Allies of the King Epic Questline: Since this was mostly a list of the quests with the basic quest info and nothing more, I didn’t find it really useful.
This was part I of the backup. I hope I’ll have time tomorrow to make more backups and list them here.