As promised I’d make a short series about the changes that Helm’s Deep brings. This is the third installment of that series.
These are the Crafting changes which we’ll have as of November 18th.
New Crafting Tier
Earlier, I already said I expected we would get a new crafting tier, which of course I already knew from beta: Westemnet. To become Proficient Westemnet, you’ll need 840 Experience points. To become a Master Westemnet you’ll need 1680 Experience points.
This new tier brings all kind of new recipes, as expected.
It’s simply too much to list all the new recipes here. I’ll list them along the way as I get them.
The new crafting tier also brings a new Crafting Guild tier: Westemnet Master of the Guild. You’ll need 90,000 Reputation points for this. If you’ve already got all the reputation item recipes available, it will take you about 1,5 week to reach “Westemnet Master of the Guild” from “Grandmaster of the guild” if you make your reputation items every 1/3/7 day(s).
The reputation items have changed values:
|Reputation Item||Previous amount of points granted||New amount of points granted|
The above is not all. These are the other main changes with thanks to PKCrichton for some of the information below:
- All lower leveled leather recipes have an extra processing step
- All lower leveled wood recipes have an extra processing step
- Processing steps have been added to all tiers of:
- Some materials are no longer used. For this you will be auto-granted recipes to turn the items you’ve already made back into the original resources
- Tin has been removed from resources and can now be gotten from suppliers. During beta this caused the problem that you couldn’t get Sienna. This should be solved now. It is said you can now get it from Copper nodes. We haven’t seen that confirmed in beta, though. If you experience you can not find any sienna after the release, be sure to /bug it!
- A few materials have been condensed into another one:
- Tier 6 ore has been condensed into Khazad Skarn Ore. From there it is processed to get K Iron, K Gold and K Copper
- Tin Ore is now a Piece of Copper-infused Ore
- Khazad-tin Ore is now a Piece of Khazad Metal
- Tier 6 wood has been condensed into Ilex only
- Log of Mallorn Wood is now a Gnarled Ilex Branch that can be used to make Thin Ilex Planks
- Treated Mallorn Plank is now a Treated Ilex Wood that can be used to make Solid Ilex Planks
- Tier 6 hides have been condensed to Magnificent only
- An Extraordinary Hide is now an Aged Extraordinary Hide and can be used to make Brushed Extraordinary Leather
- Of course the new tier brings new materials:
- Emerald Shards/flakes/sigils/crests
- Low Grade Eorlingas Skarn
- Walnut Logs
- Eorlingas Hides
- Eorlingas Scholar materials
- The cook has several new ingredients. I’ll list them either Monday or Tuesday as soon as I can login Sheherezi to max her farming and cooking
- Of course there are new recipes, after all we’re going to level 95, so new recipes were in order. The new critted (single use/guild) recipes have very high stats!
Have fun crafting!